home made System 800 SE
I built a "Special Edition" of
Tannoy´s Studio LS,
the System 800 (2046 DC drivers).
My TANNOY SYSTEM 800 "SE":
- New cabinet with all walls 28 mm thick (18 mm birch plywood + 10 mm chip board)
- original TANNOY frequency crossover, but built up with best components
- all walls internally braced
- QED silver used for internal cabling (2,5 mm2)
- BR ports 5 cm wide and 13 cm long (as the Tannoy System 800)
- internal volume 21 ltrs. (as the Original)
The TANNOY System 800 "SE" are used -as well as the Tannoy System 800 "SE" Center I built
(= same internal volume, just a "flat" cabinet)- for my Home-Cinema.
Best wishes from southern Germany,
© PE1MMK Hans Hilberink & Alexander, last update: 12-09-2005.